FTD 201 Computer-Aided Textile Design and Color Studio Section: 001
Application of industry textile design and visualization software to conception, design, development and presentation of creative textiles and textile products. Essential creative skills for textile design, such as motif and repeat development, will be introduced. Textile design solutions will be sampled using industrial technologies such as a digital printing, electronic knitting and computer-driven weaving. Color will be explored as a primary designer's tool including use in textile design, sensitivity and skills in communicating color, color perception and color theories, and color forecasting, creative projects will build skills in CAD for textiles and color. Additional costs may be incurred for course materials/equipment. FTD majors only.
Through Spring 2023
- Classes Start:August 22, 2022
- Classes End:December 5, 2022
- Location: 04419 Textiles Complex
- Class Days: M W
- Class Start Time: 12:45pm
- Class End Time: 5:15pm
- Class Type: Studio
- Credits: 6.00
- Delivery Method: In Person
- Restrictions: Restricted to undergraduates in Fashion and Textile Design (FTD) only.