FTD 104 Fashion and Textile Design First Year Studio I Section: 001
This course provides Fashion and Textile Design freshman with a comprehensive introduction to foundational design concepts and methods representative of the creative thought and processes of fashion and textile design disciplines. The coursework encourages entering freshmen to think creatively through design and art, and the world around them, as they secure a skillful level of craftsmanship in the design and making of textile products. Design language, design elements and principles, and design communication and theory will be studied through readings and applications and will be experienced in person through field trips. Additional costs may be incurred for field trips.
Through Spring 2023
- Classes Start:August 16, 2021
- Classes End:November 29, 2021
- Location: 04414 Textiles Complex
- Class Days: TH
- Class Start Time: 12:30pm
- Class End Time: 5:00pm
- Class Type: Studio
- Credits: 6.00
- Delivery Method: In Person
- Restrictions: Restricted to undergraduates in Fashion and Textile Design (FTD) only.
Dr Anne Porterfield
Janie Fleming Woodbridge